Here’s the facts:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a make-up and dress up experience for children who love being fancy. There are two locations at Walt Disney World. One is in Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella’s castle as you walk through the walkway. The other is at Disney Springs.
They offer several different packages ranging in starting price from $64.95 to $450.00. (No, that wasn’t a typo. 😳) The most basic package (The Crown Package) includes a hairstyle, shimmer makeup, nail polishing and a take home sash and cinch backpack. They do get to keep all the products they use. The differences in the packages basically is what comes with it. The higher priced packages include a princess dress, crown and etc. They also do have a Prince package geared more for the little brothers you drag along with you to the “girl shop”. 😉 (There is also a similar dress up shop in a different location that does pirate themed dress up if that seems more up your alley.) They take appointments 180 days in advance and they do book quickly. So make sure to call ahead, or better yet… tell your Disney planner you’re interested and they’ll set it up. 😉
So…is it worth it?
The answer, in my opinion, is both yes and no. I think there are several factors to consider when making this choice for yourself. So, here ya go…
- Is your child the right age for it? They offer packages for kids between the ages of 3 and 12. We took our daughters when they were 3 and 4 years old. They both had a blast… not that you can tell that from this picture…. ….but I digress. Lol 😂The younger kids really believe in the Fairy Godmothers who are the stylists. They do cool hair and made them super sparkly… a little girls dream basically. My four year old loved dressing up (we brought our own dress… more on that later) and wore her dress through the park for the next few hours. My three year old… she took that dress back off in like 5 min… but she loooved her hair and makeup. I’d imagine that even though it says 3-12 years old… it might be a little too immature for your preteen. You know your child best and what things can tolerate. But definitely consider their age when making this choice.
- It is pretty expensive. You saw the packages prices…now factor in how many little girls you are bringing… it adds up quick. I do not even for a second regret spending the money on my girls doing it. However, we go to Disney every year… I don’t currently plan on doing it again. It was a amazing… and I took 9 billion pictures and videos… but it’s one of those things that once you do it, you don’t feel like you need to do it again necessarily. So, if you do decide to do it, rack it up as a one time expense.
- The whole experience didn’t take long, but I’d definitely plan this for the beginning of the day. If you plan it in the afternoon you are wasting ride time. This may not be important to you, but it is important to me so I added it in here. If your kids still nap, planning this during nap time would be a nightmare (for a mental image…scroll up lol… this wasn’t her nap time, she just was itchy, hot, grumpy, hungry, sleepy… or to summarize, she was three lol). I wouldn’t plan this in the evening either because it’s a lot of money for only a few hours of fanciness before bedtime. Plan wisely…
So, ready to commit? ✨ Here’s some tips and tricks for Bobbidi Bobbidi bliss 😉
- Tip 1: Bring your own Princess Dress for the love of Pete. Why spend more than you need to? Get the basic package and bring your own dress to wear to the park.
- Tip 2: Bring a change of clothes for your kids to change into… because (scroll up…) your kid might be itchy or hot in a dress all day. Lol
- Tip 3: Plan this event for first thing in the morning and make your reservation ASAP.
- Tip 4: I’m sure the Disney Springs location is amazing (it’s Disney, so… of course it is). But what little girl wouldn’t love going to a princess castle for a makeover?! The castle is just an added bonus. Plus, you might run into the “real” Fairy Godmother.
- Tip 5: Take a ton of pictures and try to listen to what the Fairy Godmothers say to your little girl…. they play the role perfectly. They stay in character and talk in a magical voice. It’s amazing.
- Tip 6: Don’t feel guilty about doing the cheapest package. All of the experiences are the same no matter what package you get. All the girls in there are all getting their hair, nails and makeup done. Your kid won’t notice (probably lol) that another kid is getting a dress because you were a genius and packed one for them. Lol
- Tip 7: This is for packing…. make sure to pack those princess dresses in a garbage bag or some type of large ziploc. That glitter will never go away lol.
✨Be sure to follow my Instagram account: Pixiedustbytaylor
✨And if you would like assistance in planning your next trip, email me at Taylor@Pixiedustbyus.com ✨